Here are the rules:
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive this award, and write them 11 new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
I’d like to thank Jemma for nominating me for the second time! Go and check out her blog, it’s well worth your time. This time I have been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. It really does mean a lot for other bloggers to recognise me and include me in fun activities like this. I’ve answered the questions the best I can and also thrown together some pretty average questions for my nominees. Have fun reading my answers.
Questions for me to answer:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
I started blogging back in April 2017. During this time a lot of things were happening in my life. Some good, some bad. Starting up my blog was a way of expressing how I was feeling at the time and also to help other people who were experiencing similar challenges. For me, blogging is a hobby and something that I enjoy doing. However if I could ever make a career out of writing I would grab it with both hands.
2. What do you do when you encounter writers block?
I usually don’t have writers block much because parenting gives you so much to write about and very little time to write it in. This means that there’s usually always something for me to write about.
The ideas for my blogs have slowed down over recent months however which is why I have decided to give Vlogging a try alongside my blog. Keep your eyes open for that when I get round to it.
3. Where do you see your blog in 1 years time?
Hopefully in a year’s time I will be working alongside some other fantastic bloggers and with some luck also working alongside organisations writing reviews. The main aim though is still to be enjoying writing my blog in a year’s time, as that’s the reason that I started it in the first place.
4. Do you find inspiration from other bloggers? If so, who?
There are so many bloggers out there all writing about similar topics so it’s difficult not to read other people’s blogs. My future brother in law Mark aka The Honest Father writes a brilliant blog and seeing his success made me want to give it a try myself.
There are lots of bloggers who write amazing content, too many to name. I find inspiration in all of them for sharing their experiences and helping other people through difficult times.
5. What social media platform do you favour and why?
A lot of my traffic comes from Facebook mainly because this is where most of my family and friends see my blog links. I would say my favourite social media platform is Twitter even though my traffic from this is the worst. I love this platform because of the amazing parenting community that I have become a part of. I’m also on Instagram although I’m yet to crack this one. I feel the only way to really increase your followers is to focus on one platform solely. Trying to juggle multiple social media platforms is tricky work.
6. What would be your dream job?
I would love to be a writer. I really enjoy writing my blog and I have often thought about writing children’s books as a hobby. If celebrities can write books for kids then I’m sure that I could give it a good go! I’d love to spend my days as a stay at home dad whilst writing on the side. That’s the dream!
7. Morning person or night owl?
Before I became a parent I would say I was a night owl. I’ve never really been a morning person. Everyone that knows me knows that it’s pointless engaging me in conversation too early in the morning because you’ll get nothing out of me. Since having a baby though I have become neither a morning or a night person because I spend all day every day completely shattered. Fatherhood is great!
8. Books or TV?
As a child I always used to read books, but my attention span to sit and read a book as an adult has declined rapidly. I don’t really watch a lot of TV either these days, unless there’s sport on. I usually spend my spare time either blogging or catching up on my FIFA time.
9. If you could sit down with one person for an hour who would it be? (dead or alive)
I would chose to sit down with my Dad for an hour although this wouldn’t be long enough. I’d tell him all about how my life has changed since he passed away. I’d catch him up on everything that my son has been doing since he was born, and go through every single picture that I’ve taken. I would tell him just how much I miss him and that I wish he could be here to share such an exciting time in my life.
10. Coffee or tea?
I don’t drink coffee so would have to go with tea, even though this only happens on the rare occasion. The cup of tea usually makes an appearance on a cold winter’s day when you can’t quite get warm.
11. If you could go back and give yourself ONE piece of advice when you first started blogging, what would it be?
I would go back and tell myself that success doesn’t happen on your first post, and that sometimes it takes time to improve and find a style that works for you. It has taken me nearly a year of blogging to finally start being approached by other bloggers and companies. I’d tell myself to enjoy it more and not to become disheartened when my motivation has been low.
My questions for you:
- What has been your greatest achievement in life so far?
- What’s been your biggest mistake in life?
- What made you start blogging and where do you want it to go?
- If you could change anything about yourself what would it be?
- Who is your biggest inspiration?
- If you could do one thing and not get into trouble for it what would it be?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- In a Zombie Apocalypse what would be your plan to survive?
- If you were to start your blog again, what would you do differently?
- Name your favourite blogger and give a reason.
- I’ve saved the best question til last…would you rather have hands for feet or feet for hands?
The amazing bloggers that I would like to nominate:
- Sophie – @PetalsofPerfect
- Almost Sane Mom – @almost_sane_mom
- MG Vaciago – @mgvaciago
- The Elephant Mum – @theelephantmum
- Tasha – @mummyandmoose
- Becky – @bringinguptheb
- R – @DadnDaddyBlog
- HonestK – @HonestKirsty
- Amanda – @GrinsNGiggles4U
- The Super Daddy – @SuperDaddyBlog
- Alex – @Youngmummalooks