I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Jemma Malone. Thanks for that, it came as a bit of a surprise as I’ve never been nominated for anything before. I feel like I’m part of the blogging community now which feels great! Blogging for me has always been about the enjoyment but it’s nice to be involved with awards and recognition from other bloggers.
Here are the rules:
- Write 7 interesting facts about yourself (this could be difficult)
- Nominate 15 amazing bloggers for the award
Interesting Facts About Myself
So here goes:
1. First off, I’m a complete social retard. Interacting with other humans is something that does not come naturally to me. Probably the reason why I enjoy blogging so much, means I don’t actually have to talk to people face to face.
2. Although I’m a self confessed social retard, I did spend 3 months in Africa in 2016 working in schools attempting to teach sexual health. That’s right, I traveled to the other side of the world to teach kids about the birds and the bees. I’m still waiting for someone to have that chat with me!
3. I’m a massive football fan (yes I find this interesting). The missus would strongly disagree. Basically this is what I spend my weekends watching. If anyone’s interested I’m a lifelong Liverpool fan. One of the reasons why at the age of 25 I have so many grey hairs.
4. The most interesting part of my life right now would have to be that I’m 4 months into my first attempt at being a father. I use the word ‘attempt’ purposely, I reckon I’ll be better at it the second time round. It’s been hard so far but there’s no better feeling than being a dad. It’s what life is all about.
5. I currently work in a nursery. Yes you heard that right, a straight man working in a nursery. Isn’t all that common but I’m breaking the mould and smashing them stereotypes out the park. I spend my day surrounded by young females, sounds great doesn’t it? Wrong, females are another reason why I have so many grey hairs. Find out why here.
6. My girlfriend Amy is three years older than me. Got myself a cougar! I like to remind her quite frequently that she got herself a toyboy. I can’t be too mean to her though considering what she does for a profession…she’s a prison officer. Talk about the two of us breaking the stereotypes of gender roles! She likes to think she’s scary and tough but really she’s just a little softie.
7. My blog name ‘Yuletimes’ came from my surname which is Yule. Before you ask, no my blog has nothing to do with Christmas, or Yule logs. I created my blog when my girlfriend was pregnant to share my experiences, and I have continued to do so now that I’m a father.
The amazing bloggers that I would like to nominate:
- Sophie – @PetalsofPerfect
- Almost Sane Mom – @almost_sane_mom
- MG Vaciago – @mgvaciago
- The Elephant Mum – @theelephantmum
- Tasha – @mummyandmoose
- Becky – @bringinguptheb
- R – @DadnDaddyBlog
- HonestK – @HonestKirsty
- Amanda – @GrinsNGiggles4U
- The Super Daddy – @SuperDaddyBlog
- Alex – @Youngmummalooks
- Amber – @TheHumbleMum
- Emptynestmummy – @RobinsoMartina
- Tamara – @Epilepticmum
- The Dad Column – @TheDadColumnist
Hopefully you found the 7 facts at least a little bit interesting. Go and check out all of these bloggers pages they really are worthy of following.
Thanks for reading!